Friday, June 1, 2012

Old Post

Old post I found in the gangies of the interwebs. I figured if I spent the time to type it I can post it.

President Monson.- Dear President Monson came to the Laie temple rededication. The day before the dedication he came to the PCC fo watch the night show and go to a few of the islands. Well, the fact that he was coming to the night show was well advertised and seats were selling for only $10 which is how much I get in for with my employee card. So, most of Laie and several students were there. The night show was a little extra special just for him. At the end the cast sang "Teach me to walk in the light" It was great. Monson just stood there while they sang to him. The next day was the cultural celebration in which all of the youth in the Laie temple district, which is all of Oahu and I believe Kauai came and did this amazing performance in the CAC. However the CAC on sits a couple thousand people. Which means the only seats available were the very privileged and the ones with children in the show. It was broadcast to a few of the stake centers in Laie, and  being as I live 2 houses away from a stake center I went and plopped myself into a seat and watched the show. My cousins who live in Kailua performed, though I saw their stake I never did see them. It was amazing, the show was a timeline of the church, with dancing and stomps and a few lines of commentary all about the temple. At the end the youth sang a few songs and the prophet came down and shook a few of the youths hands, while all 2000 of the youth surged forward to try and touch him. Apparently Ryan my cuz got to shake his hand. Well the next day was the temple dedication. It was broadcast in 3 sections. a 9am 12pm, and 3pm. I went to the 12 pm alone which was so nice. Love my roomies and friend but lord above knows I needed some alone time. It was great, Pres Monson was just so happy and funny. Brother Eyring and Brother Cook came as well. They had a few speakers and the pres monson got up to speak about the temple and then give the prayer. He spoke about how we will remember this time, and how we are so lucky and blessed to have a temple so close and to be able to be here for the dedication. The temple was first dedicated on thanksgiving, we then rededicated it on November, 21st, 2010. Almost 50 years since our last dedication. This is really a once in a lifetime experience. On Monday I went and did baptisms for the dead with my ward. Little did we know that roughly 20 girls would show up and only one male. That makes things a little difficult. So, we started at 630 am, which means the sun isn't up, and the temple is on a hill, in fact the tsunami safety spot is on the hill behind the temple. So we sat, waiting for more boys, Kammie and I. And as we sat we watched the sunrise over the ocean and town it was amazing. We were the first group to do baptisms since the closure of the temple 2 years ago and the rededication. It was really cool. Especially to know that the jumpsuits were clean. I had to get an extra large, but it they were still floods on me. One of the girls there is a convert and none of her family are members. So she was baptized for some of her family. She did her grandmother, which I assume was special for her because everyone was whispering when the name was read and she went under. The bishop was then baptized for her grandpa. It was so great, I really enjoyed it. The temple is peaceful, because it was that early in the morning the surf was large and you could hear it crash from the temple. I loved every second of that time. Watching the sunrise, at the temple, listening to the ocean. I don't think I could have made a more perfect moment.

Bishop
Blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment