Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Med school here I come!

Creepin from the roof of a bunker
It's official like a whistle people! The decision has been made and I am going to med school! Holla! The only thing I have to do now is study for the MCAT and work my butt off during the next 2 terms. I CAN DO IT!!! I might be in a mental hospital by the end but I will persevere and get my rear end into a med school if it kills me. Which it very well might.
That little blue dot is me. Realize that this is almost straight up. And the pic was taken at half way

On other notes I went hiking with Madi up the Makapu'u light house trail. It's entirely paved and pretty short so we figured no big deal, we'll do it in our slippers and hit the beach later. Well......we got a little side tracked and ended up running all over the ENTIRE cliff on every side trail imaginable. Plus some. The picture above was when we decided that we wanted to go to investigate a possible blow hole I thought I saw. The actual trail is at the very top, and we mountain climbed down. Took about an hour of free climbing, went to the bottom. And then realized the sun was setting so we had better head back up. People I am not joking when I say I was literally rock climbing back up the entire way. I was holding slippers in my hands and as I'm climbing I was thinking if one of us falls we're screwed. We have no cell phone reception, no one knows where we are except this marine helicopter that passed us twice, and then my thoughts turned to what the cost of being air lifted out by the coast guard would cost and whether or not insurance would cover it at all. I then began to pray that we weren't going to die and that we'd just make it up the cliff. About half an hour into the climb back up I lost sight of Madi because our paths had diverged. An hour later when I reached the top I was overjoyed to see her laying on the path catching her breathe and we both just sat there laughing nervously, sweating, and inspecting the multiple cuts we received. It was well worth the time and nerves. Next time we will be sure to leave a little earlier though because we completed the hike in the dark.
Bunker plank


Almost fell to my death plank
I would like to tell you of a new sensation sweeping the globe. PLANKING.
I love planking it is the best thing ever! 
So as a tribute to the thing I love here are a few planking pictures from the hike. 
There were be several adventures led this summer in the name of planking. 
Painful plank

No comments:

Post a Comment