Friday, July 8, 2011

4th of July Hawaiian style!

While I was a long ways away from home for this 4th of July I still had a good time. Missed the family muchos but what else is new? Here in Hawaii fireworks are banned. So all fireworks were done by professionals. But just incase you were wondering what I did all day instead of blowing things up I will tell you.
-Started the day with making chocolate chip cookies with Brit-= FAIL the recipe was new and equally disgusting.
-Brit and I moved on to chocolate covered strawberry's where she had this brilliant idea to dip in white chocolate and roll in blue sugar. Red White and Blue! They were super cute and most delicious to consume.
-Friends came over and we held a small shindig with a bunch of married couples from Laie. We ate lots of food and I made new lady friends! Even if they are married i'm here to keep them alive! hahaha The joys of being single and not being socially inclined.
- And now for my favorite part! Fireworks in Kailua bay. I have never been happier and more peaceful in my entire life than sitting on the beach with strangers watching fireworks burst over the ocean. It was yet again, another manifestation that I was born to be here. Even though I was alone I was just as happy as I had ever been. Infinite on  the sand with the sea spray watching the massive explosions in the sky.
Not my photo but this was the taken by the guy next to me
Seriously. I was sitting next to the guy who took this photo. I could not ask for a better life.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha I can totally relate to the no fireworks allowed thing. Darn Colorado liberals. :) But at least you had the beach babe. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete