Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Blessed

I am so blessed. The more I listen to other peoples stories of life and listening to them say they "must have a purpose in life...I just don't know what it is yet" slightly confuses me at first. I always thought that everyone must know exactly why there are here on this earth. As an LDS individual I believe that our time here on earth is a time to better ourselves and learn to keep and understand the commandments that God gives us.
However, even with this knowledge there are the LDS that still don't know what they're doing here. They know that they are here for some specific reason, but don't know what that is. I am blessed because I know exactly why I am here, what I need to do, and what I should be doing. I know that I am supposed to be in the medical field. I know that there is going to be something specifically that I learn that will apply to saving someone's life, and for some reason I will be the only one that can do it. I don't know who this person is, or when it is that this will happen. But I know it will and when it does I will be prepared.
Such a hard time deciding which pic to put up


I couldn't resist adding an ocean pic
I am blessed with parents who taught me about the earth, nature, and life. They taught me to love and respect the mountains and ocean for everything they have to offer. They taught me that life is delicate and is dependent on everything around us from the the cryptobiotic soil to the sun. They are my best friends, I talk to my mom everyday. I know by experience that when there is no one left and I am alone they will always be there for me. No matter what happens. I am so lucky to be born into such an amazing family, as I learn about others pasts and their families I cannot help but to love and appreciate mine even more. I could not have possibly asked for a better family. We have our differences but we know that we are all we have in the end. You may take every worldly possession from us, separate us by thousands of miles, and strip us of everything we hold dear. But we will always be there for each other. I am more than happy to spend my days with them in the middle of nowhere. We don't need any outside influence to be happy. I learn of these families that are "mormon" and yet they abuse and neglect the most important thing in their lives. Their family. I am forever grateful that my grandparents never let work or sunday clothes get in the way of the truth. God is in nature and in your family. Thank you for teaching my parents that so they could in turn teach me. While church is a commandment I don't need to wait till sunday to feel close to God, all I need is to look at the sky, the ocean, the trees and I feel him around me. Knowing he is the master scientist and created all the beauty of this earth for me. He gave me my parents to open my eyes and see what he has done. He has put me in the path of maximum learning and knowledge  knowing that I would make the connection between evolution and creationism and see that they coexist. He blessed me with an understanding of the intricate details of life so that I may open the eyes of others and allow them to see the astounding beauty that exists solely for you and I. I thank thee for opening mine eyes, ears, and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment