Prayer of Saint Francis de Assisi
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen
I am going to memorize this. And meditate on it.
In this case meditate does not mean think deeply. Meditate means to repeat over and over again without looking for meaning in accordance to the mid eastern practices.
 |
| Can you just stare and not think bd |
Then i'm doing Psalms 23
The LORD Is My Shepherd |
|
| 1 | The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. |
| 2 | He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
| |
| he leadeth me beside the still waters. Rev. 7.17 |
|
|
| 3 | He restoreth my soul:
| |
| he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. |
|
|
| 4 | Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
| |
| I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; |
| thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. |
|
|
| 5 | Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
| |
| thou anointest my head with oil; |
| my cup runneth over. |
|
|
| 6 | Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
| |
| and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. |
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment